Table of Contents
Ready To Change Your Life?.
1. In order to qualify for enrollment to AATI, prospective students must be at least 17 years old. NOTE: Students under the age of 18 must have a parent sign the enrollment agreement to be accepted into the institute.
2. It is the policy of the Institute not to allow a prospective student to enroll, unless s/he has visited the institute and toured the facilities (except for the student enrolling in Continuing Education and/or Automotive Certification Preparation). An admissions representative will explain to the applicant the Institute’s programs and policies during the interview.
3. AATI requires applicants for enrollment in Automotive Technology, Advanced Automotive Technology and Automotive Transmission to be either high school graduates or to have G.E.D. equivalence. Applicants, who are beyond the age of compulsory school attendance, lacking a high school diploma or its equivalence, may be admitted upon demonstrating the ability to benefit from the training offered by successfully obtaining the following minimum scores on the Wonderlic Scholastic Achievement Test: Automotive Technology – 13 Advanced Automotive Technology – 13 Automotive Certification Preparation – 13 Automotive Transmission – 13 If an applicant is unable to achieve the minimum acceptable score for the program of his/her choice, the student may reapply for admission after 14 days. The applicant may demonstrate the ability to benefit by attending 225 clock hours of any Title IV eligible AATI program and successfully complete its coursework. Failed classes do not count as completed. Student is not aid-eligible during the time s/he is earning the 225 clock hours. Financial Aid eligibility is not retroactive to any payment period or module taken to complete the 225 clock hours.
4. In order to enroll in either Automotive Certification Preparation or Advanced Automotive Technology, you must be working in the field and have a minimum of two (2) years experience.
5. To enroll for individual courses in either Automotive Certification Preparation or Advanced Automotive Technology you must be working in the field or have a minimum of two (2) years experience.
6. For Automotive Transmission, each specialty may be taken individually, with the exception of Automatic Transmissions and Transaxles course for which you must be able to pass the Final Exam for Manual Transmissions and Power Trains with a grade of “B” or better.
7. For the Automotive Technology, you may not take individual classes.
For more information, please check our catalog or call TODAY an Admissions Representative at 305-362-5519.
WHY CHOOSE US
“Our aim is to train, guide, and help motivate YOU to effectively make YOUR way into a challenging and rewarding automotive career.”
Yes. Our financial aid staff will work closely with you to explore all of the funding resources available.
-Two forms of Identification; one must be a picture ID and the other to establish that you live in the State of Florida.
Minimum of 17 years of age with parent consent and adults 18 years of age or older.